2016-03-09

Halfway done!

Time for another update from me. We've passed the halfway point and I can definitely feel the Larva moving about now. We had the halfway point anomaly scan today and it was quite active during the scan. It was quite interesting to see things moving on the screen at the same time as I felt the movement. Here's some pictures from today...

We need to go back next week though as the technician didn't manage to get all the information as the baby was in an awkward position. We do have the right amount of fingers and toes, kidneys, bladders and the lot were seen though :-D

In other news, I've finally gotten some maternity wear from ASDA's George range - two long-sleeved and two short-sleeved shirts, two pairs of leggings and maternity jeans. Having clothes that fit and don't pinch anywhere is truly a great thing.

I think we've picked which bedside cot to get - for our purposes Chicco's Next2Me looks like a good match for our use cases. We've also had a look at the car seat reviews of the Finnish AA and it looks like Graco Snugfix 0+ Baby Car Seat might be the best choice on that. As much as I'd like a Stokke pram, the car seat might do the decision for us, as it would be nice to have a pram that works with the car seat, and Graco and Stokke don't play together :-(

Injections are still ongoing. Just this past weekend for the first time injecting hurt so much I cried. Well, it wasn't the injecting, it was pushing the needle in and pulling it out that hurt. I also managed to get my first quite big and painful bruise from an injection... Usually they don't hurt or appear this big, and most of the time I don't even get a bruise.

I've also knitted. A friend designed a baby overalls knitting pattern, so I ordered some yarn and started to knit. I have yarn left enough to knit an even bigger one than the newborn size, too, but I've not managed to finish those off yet. I've got some other yarns for knitting a cardigan too. Here's my first attempt at knitting baby clothes!

No comments:

Post a Comment